Saturday, July 13, 2013

Psalm 32

General Information:

Liturgical Uses:
  Responsorial psalm; themes of forgiveness; Lent

Refrain:      
“Lord, forgive me the wrong I have done.  O Lord, forgive me.”
©2013 Rachel J. Burckardt.  All Rights Reserved.

Verses:                            
1) Blessed is the one whose fault is taken away, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the one to whom the Lord holds not guilty,
In whose spirit there is no deceit.

2) I acknowledge my sin to you; my guilt I have not covered.
I said:  "I confess my faults to the Lord,"
And you take away the guilt of my sin.

3) You are my shelter from distress you preserve me;
With glad cries of deliverance you will surround me.

4)  Be glad in the Lord and rejoice you just;
Exult, all you upright of heart.

Arrangement:

Vocal:                             

Refrain:  Unison
Verses:   Cantor    

Instruments:                
Piano with guitar and bass; optional synth, clarinet, bassoon

Availability:

Sheet Music:                

Lead sheets with piano part, through-composed.   Clarient and bassoon parts separately available.
Order from Wood Harbor Music

Recorded Versions:

CD:  You Are My Inheritance
Video on YouTube



Composer's Notes:
The setting of the psalm is simple and plaintive, with the refrains in a penitent e minor key, while the verses are set a bit more hopeful in the relative major. Having an excellent bassoonist married to the recording engineer, gave me a chance to bring the instruments somber texture into the recorded arrangement. 

Back to Wood Harbor Music

No comments:

Post a Comment